Sun dried tomato-pesto dressing
sun-dried tomato, chopped
( Not packed in oil)
garlic clove, chopped
red onion, chopped
( 1/4 small onion)
0.5 (7 ounce) packages
2 ounces dry linguine or 2 ounces fettuccine pasta or 2 ounces
fresh mushrooms, sliced
( .6 ounces)
fresh spinach, shredded
2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons
slivered almonds, toasted
- Place sun dried tomatoes in glass bowl with 1/3 cup water, and microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Set aside until they have absorbed the water and cooled (20 minutes).
- Cooke pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta (8-10 minutes); drain.
- Rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a skillet or wok, over high heat, sauté mushrooms.
- Blend garlic, onions, cooled tomatoes, and pesto sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pesto mixture and lemon juice.
- Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well.
- Sprinkle with nuts; serve immediately.