Salad and Dressing
red wine vinegar
grated lemon peel
garlic clove, minced
hot pepper sauce
( such as tabasco)
romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
grated parmesan cheese
Onion bagel croutons
1 1/2 tablespoons
garlic cloves, minced
onion bagels, each cut into 2 semicircles
- For Croutons:.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine melted butter with olive oil and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Slice bagels into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place in bowl with butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread coated bagel pieces on cookie sheet.
- Bake until crisp and browned, about 30 minutes.
- For salad and dressing:.
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine lettuce, parmesan and croutons in a large bowl.
- Add dressing, toss well and serve.