1 1/2 cups
fast-rising active dry yeast
fresh rosemary, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Place the biga ingredients in machine according to your manufactures directions. My machine calls for wet first then top with dry.
- Set machine for dough cycle, press start and let kneed for 5 minutes. Shut machine off and let rise over night at least 12 hours.
- Place the wet ingredients over the biga then top with flour and rosemary. Place salt, sugar and yeast in separate corners.
- Set machine to basic dough setting press start.
- When finished remove dough to two bowls covered with an oiled plastic wrap.
- Place in a draft free warm place and let rise till tripled in size. About 1 hour.
- Flour 2 cookie sheet pans.
- Carefully place each dough onto pans. With floured hands shape dough into a rectangle one inch deep. Try not to release any of the air bubbles that were made during the rise.
- Sprinkle dough with flour and let rise again in a draft free warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Spraying with water during baking gives a crisp crust. Or you can place a couple ice cubes in the oven to release steam which will produce a crisp crust.