extra virgin olive oil
chopped imported black olives
( such as Gaeta or kalamata)
fresh lemon juice, more to taste
garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 1/2 teaspoons
fresh ground black pepper
cayenne, more to taste
arugula, rinsed, dried well, and coarsely chopped
( about 8 oz.)
1 cup grated ricotta cheese (about 7 oz.) or 1 cup
( about 7 oz.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, olives, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the cavatelli until al dente.
- Drain it well and return it to the pan.
- Add the arugula and the olive-oil mixture, folding gently until the ingredients are combined.
- Let sit until the arugula has wilted, about 3 minute.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta salata just before serving.