( I prefer the small ones)
shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 lbs
( or other mild white fish)
1 (16 ounce) jars
( mild or hot, your choice)
dry white wine
( not margarine)
1 -2 tablespoon
ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Cut fish into large chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste and brown lightly in oil and butter (about 1 minute per side).
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Add wine (careful to keep wine from direct heat while pouring into pan) and deglaze pan.
- Stir in jar of salsa and chicken broth. Let broth simmer over medium heat until liquid begins to bubble.
- Add scallops and shrimp to broth, stir gently, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice into pan.
- Add fish back to pan and gently stir.
- Replace cover and simmer another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls with crunchy bread and enjoy!