eggs, room temperature
imported white chocolate, chopped and melted
unsalted butter, melted
chopped toasted unsalted macadamia nuts
imported white chocolate, coarsely chopped
Hot Fudge Sauce
bittersweet chocolate, chopped
light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour with salt into bowl.
- Using electric mixer beat eggs in large bowl.
- until frothy.
- Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted. Gently fold in melted chocolate (mixture may lose volume).
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir well (mixture may look curdled).
- Fold in flour.
- Fold in nuts and chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out not quite clean, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan on rack. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store at room temperature.)
- Cut brownies into squares.
- Transfer to plates.
- Pour Hot Fudge Sauce over and serve.
- Hot Fudge Sauce:.
- Cook cream and sugar in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add butter and corn syrup and stir until butter melts. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.) Before serving, stir fudge sauce over low heat until it is heated through.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups sauce.