whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon allspice or 1 teaspoon
cinnamon, per taste
pecans, coarsely chopped
fresh grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, allspice or cinn, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in oatmeal, pecans and blueberries.
- Beat oil, maple syrup, egg and zest until mixture lightens in color.
- Stir in dry ingredients into wet. Mix until combined.
- Let stand 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Drop onto parchement-lined baking sheets. (I use either a 1 or 2 TBSP cookie scoop) Flatten slightly.
- Bake until they begin to darken and change color around the edges, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Place directly on countertop or other solid surface. I place parchment paper on my countertop. This will allow them to retain moisture as they cool.