( 2 sticks)
grated lemon rind
1 1/2 cups
2 -2 1/2 tablespoons
- Beat butter until fluffy in a large bowl.
- Beat in sugar, egg, lemon extract and lemon rind.
- Combine flour, cornmeal and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Shape dough into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. (Can also freeze at this point. Frozen dough keeps for 3 months).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Bake on greased cookie sheets until cookie just begin to brown at the edges, about ten minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
- For glaze, beat butter, confectioner's sugar and lemon juice to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies.