- dry 36 dates and chopping them in the blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently for 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature, put in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator; heat slightly before using on anything you are serving hot.
- Use Date Syrup just as you would use maple syrup on pancakes, waffles, French toast, ice cream.
- It is higher in fiber and lower in calories than maple syrup or honey. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.