sliced water chestnuts, drained
( Small can)
bacon, cut in half crosswise
( half cooked or raw)
- Marinate water chestnuts in soy sauce for 30 mnutes to 1 hour. Stir them often to distribute.
- Remove chestnuts and coat in sugar.
- Wrap bacon around 2 or 3 slices of chestnut, securing with a toothpick. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 10-20 minutes until bacon is cooked. May also be broiled.
- For variety, try rolling them in brown sugar.
- Sugar may be omitted entirely if preferred.