1 3/4 lbs
beef, shank is best,cut into small pieces
2 -3 tablespoons
finely chopped onions
1 red peppers or 1
green pepper, sliced
- Sauté the onions in heated oil.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds and salt.
- Add the beef and brown well.
- Lower the heat and cover.
- Steam for a few minutes.
- Add the paprika and mix well.
- Add a little water and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat again.
- When the meat is ¾ cooked, add the green pepper, garlic, and tomato.
- Simmer, at moderate heat, until the meat is tender.
- If needed, add a little water from time to time.
- Serve with potato or pasta.
- A cucumber salad is a nice accompaniment.
- Lamb or pork can also be substituted for the beef.