( cut into 1/2-inch slices)
minced fresh garlic
( use more or less!)
fresh ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 250 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet/s.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter with minced garlic.
- Drizzle or brush the melted butter/garlic mixture over the top of the bread slices, then sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn over the slices and brush again with butter, then kosher salt and pepper; return to oven and continue baking for 1 hour or until golden brown, turning every 15 minutes.
- Immediately after the slices are finished baking, sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.