yellow sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 -1 1/2 teaspoon
ripe Avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced
fresh chili pepper
- Spread almonds in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove almonds from skillet; set aside.
- Cook sweet pepper and jalapeno pepper in hot oil in same skillet about 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Break one of the eggs into a measuring cup. Carefully slide the egg into simmering tomato mixture. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer eggs over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- To serve, transfer eggs to serving plates with a slotted spoon. Stir mixture in skillet; spoon around eggs on plates. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. If desired, serve with avocado slices and garnish with fresh chili peppers.