garlic clove, minced
3 1/2 lbs
russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
blue cheese, crumbled
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub garlic and butter over inside of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Add cream, milk and nutmeg to saucepan; bring to simmer.
- Arrange potato slices in 1 layer in dish. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is deep golden, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.