boneless chicken thighs
chicken soup base
celery ribs, diced small, INCLUDE THE LEAVES
leeks, finely chopped, white and light green parts
chopped fresh parsley
potatoes, peeled and diced very small
square pot pie noodles
salt, to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a large stockpot. Add the water, soup base, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the celery carrots, leeks, parsley and potatoes; cover and simmer for an additional hour.
- Remove cooked chicken from the stockpot. cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces w/ a knife or 2 forks.
- While your cutting up the chicken, throw your pot pie noodles in the stockpot with the rest of the soup.
- Add additional water, if needed, but it's not supposed to be too watery -- it's more of a stew.
- Turn up the heat to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until your noodles are desired softness.
- Return your cut up chicken to the pot and heat through.
- Adjust your salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Put it in a big bowl and slurp away!
- **Make sure you serve it with WHITE bread (NOT whole wheat) slathered with butter (NOT MARGARINE) so thick that you can see your teethmarks.