3 1/2 lbs
boneless chicken thighs
3 1/2 quarts
chicken soup base
celery ribs, diced small, INCLUDE THE LEAVES
1 1/2-2 cups
leeks, finely chopped, white and light green parts
chopped fresh parsley
potatoes, peeled and diced very small
square pot pie noodles
salt, to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a large stockpot. Add the water, soup base, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the celery carrots, leeks, parsley and potatoes; cover and simmer for an additional hour.
- Remove cooked chicken from the stockpot. cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces w/ a knife or 2 forks.
- While your cutting up the chicken, throw your pot pie noodles in the stockpot with the rest of the soup.
- Add additional water, if needed, but it's not supposed to be too watery -- it's more of a stew.
- Turn up the heat to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until your noodles are desired softness.
- Return your cut up chicken to the pot and heat through.
- Adjust your salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Put it in a big bowl and slurp away!
- **Make sure you serve it with WHITE bread (NOT whole wheat) slathered with butter (NOT MARGARINE) so thick that you can see your teethmarks.