sweet onion, diced
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
condensed cream of celery soup
batch uncooked biscuit
- Make your biscuits but don't bake them yet. (I use my Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, grease a 9 x 12 casserole or pyrex dish.
- Make the biscuits and set them in the pan.
- Saute onions, celery and oil.
- Stir in flour and slightly brown, being careful not to burn.
- Stir in milk a little at a time and add soup.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat and add the ham and lemon juice, stir.
- Pour over the biscuits and bake about 30 minutes or until biscuits are done. (I put a jelly roll pan underneath in case it rises too much.).
- Let casserole set for 5 minutes or so before serving.