( or soy nuts)
1 cup brown crisp rice cereal or 1 cup
textured vegetable protein
( but brings out flavor)
brown rice syrup
2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice sugar (bulk bin) or 2 tablespoons
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place soybeans in a food processor and pulse to chop. Alternatively, you may leave them whole or crush them slightly in a bag.
- Combine soy beans, brown rice crisp cereal and TVP. Toss with salt.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and evaporated cane juice (or sugar). Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through.
- Dump crunchy soy mixture into peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated. Press mixture tightly into pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Score into 8 bars.