boneless skinless chicken breasts, split and pounded flat
( 4, 6 oz. portions)
flour, seasoned with
salt and black pepper
fresh parmesan cheese, grated
( preferably a combination of grated parmesan and romano cheese)
fresh parsley, chopped
( or as needed)
shallot, finely chopped
fresh marjoram, finely chopped
white zinfandel wine
unsalted butter, cold
salt and pepper
( to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- PICCATTA BATTER:.
- Combine eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Flour the chicken breast in the flour mixture and dip it in the Piccatta batter.
- Coat evenly on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Carefully place it in the skillet and fry.
- When edges are golden brown, turn over and brown the other side.
- Transfer chicken from pan and place it in baking pan.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Using the pan the chicken was cooked in, drain all but 1/4 of the oil.
- Over medium heat add the shallots, garlic and herbs, saute until the shallots are transparent.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, white Zinfandel wine and reduce the liquid by 1/2.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove sauce from heat and whip in the cold butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 oz. of the sauce on the plate and place the chicken on top and serve.