8 ounces white balsamic vinegar or 8 ounces
white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 1/2-2 teaspoons
dried dill weed
green beans, trimmed and rinsed
slivered almonds, to garnish
( to garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar and dill.
- Set aside.
- Steam the beans, or parboil them, only until they are crisp-tender, approximately three minutes, depending on size of beans.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add the beans to the dressing.
- Toss and stir to thoroughly coat the beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and then let the beans come to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.