2 1/2 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
( the original recipe calls for Fisher Blend Flour)
( make sure your baking powder is still active!)
( if you are omitting the raisins, add another 2 Tablespoons of milk)
- Sift and measure the flour.
- Re-sift with other dry ingredients.
- Work shortening into dry ingredients with the fingers.
- Add rasinins to flour-fat mixture and mix thoroughly (you may omit raisins).
- Add milk to mixture. (If you are omitting the raisins, add another 2 Tablespoons of milk).
- Turn out on to a floured board and divide into two equal pieces.
- Roll or pat each into a round and to the thickness of biscuits (3/4 inch to a full inch).
- Cut into wedge shaped pieces like a pie and bake about 15 minutes at 450 degrees on an ungreased baking sheet.
- To serve like they do at the fair; split open but do not cut clear through. Fill with jam and close.
- Eat and enjoy!