beef cube steak
vegetable oil, divided
bell pepper, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 t. oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook 6-7 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer steaks along with any juice to a plate.
- In same skillet, heat 1 t. oil.
- Add pepper, cumin, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add salsa, brown sugar and other 1/4 cup water and heat to boiling.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Turn heat to very low, add steaks and cilantro and heat til through.