boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
( I get chicken already cut for stir fry)
1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce or 1/4 cup
low sodium soy sauce
Minute brown rice, uncooked
fresh broccoli florets
( or frozen)
1/2 cup peanuts (optional) or 1/2 cup
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat.
- Then add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic powder, teriyaki sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, rice and peanuts and stir.
- Cover the skillet and turn the heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove from stove top and let stand 5 minutes.