1 1/2 cups
4 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together till well mixed.
- On low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk and beat well.
- Add unbeaten egg whites and mix on high for 2 minutes. The mix might look slightly curdled but that is fine.
- Butter and flour pans. Cut out a circle of parchment paper or wax paper to place on bottom of cake pan.
- Fill pans 3/4 full and bake. Check after 30 minutes. Bake till toothpick comes out clean.