( I like white, but my mother preferred sourdough)
braunschweiger liver sausage, sliced from the tube in 1/2-inch slices
( I prefer Oscar Mayer)
- Toast bread slices, and put them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread 1 Tbsp mayonnaise on each toasted piece of bread.
- Place 1 Braunschweiger slice over the mayonnaise.
- Place 1 slice of tomato on top of Braunschweiger slices.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of tomato.
- Put baking sheet under a preheated broiler and broil until cheese gets bubbly (3-5 minutes).