garlic cloves, minced
whole grain mustard
olive oil, plus more for grates
2 (1 1/2 lb)
- Prick steaks all over with a fork.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, whisk together garlic, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, apple juice, whiskey, mustard, Worcestershire, and Tabasco sauce.
- Add steaks, and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, 1 hour, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Lift steaks from marinade onto a platter; set aside.
- Make sauce: Place reserved marinade in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook until thickened and reduced to about 1 cup, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to high, lightly oil grates.
- Place steaks on grill.
- Cook, turning once, until well browned and cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board, and tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Serve with sauce.