cubed watermelon, seeds removed
lemons, juice of
( about 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups
calorie-free carbonated water, strawberry flavored, chilled
- Place watermelon cubes and raspberries in blender; process until smooth. Pour juice through a sieve; discard pulp.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, just until sugar dissolves. Set syrup aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir syrup and lemon juice into watermelon juice mixture. Pour into freezer container, cover and freeze until firm.
- Using ice cream scoop, spoon mixture into tall glasses. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons strawberry-flavored water over frozen juice in each glass. Serve immediately.
- VARIATION: To serve as sorbet, freeze juice mixture in 8 inch square dish. Omit strawberry-flavored carbonated water. Using a small scoop, shape frozen juice mixture into balls and arrange in individual serving dishes.