2 (4 ounce)
boneless skinless chicken breast halves
bacon, cooked slightly crisp
hoagie rolls, split and lightly toasted
oil, for frying chicken
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Beat together egg and milk set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together all breading mix ingredients in a deep dish or plate.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Using a double breading process, bread chicken in this order: coat both sides of chicken in breading, dip in egg wash coating both sides, then coat both sides again in breading.
- Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides about 8 minutes.
- Top each piece of chicken with two slices of cheese overlapping, then place 2 slices of bacon lengthwise.
- Cover to let cheese slightly melt.
- Assemble sandwiches in this order: lettuce leaves, 2 slices of tomato overlapping, chicken, and add 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on each top half of bun.