1 1/2 teaspoons
instant malted milk powder
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Whisk in the vanilla and buttermilk, then the melted butter.
- Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the egg yolk mixture. Add pecans and mix well.
- Gently fold the egg whites and the club soda into the batter. Do not over mix; batter should still have "ribbons" of egg whites when ready.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with Pam.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your personal preference. I cook mine on level 4 of 6 for about five minutes.