all-purpose flour, unsifted
1 1/2 teaspoons
crystallized ginger, finely chopped
blanched almond, sliced, lightly toasted
white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, ground ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and then slowly mix in the flour and other dry ingredients.
- With a spoon stir in the crystallized ginger, almonds and white chocolate chips until well combined.
- Divide dough in half and roll each portion into logs about 12 inches long.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten each log slightly with your hand and then round off the edges a bit.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Carefully lift onto a cutting surface and slice with a serrated bread knife, using a gentle sawing motion, almost an inch thick.
- Transfer slices back onto the baking sheet, standing them up.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 12 minutes to dry them out, not letting them get too brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.