( you can use red or yellow too)
cooked MINUTE rice
ground black pepper
garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 ounce) packages
sliced button mushrooms
1 (15 ounce) cans
shredded mozzarella cheese
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and in a large pot start the water to boil.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers, remove seeds and wash thoroughly. When water is boiling put peppers in for five minutes to soften.
- Remove peppers and set aside. Turn them upside down so excess water drains out.
- Cook the beef, salt, pepper, garlic and minced onions together.
- When browned add the rice, mushrooms, and half of the tomato sauce.
- Mix well and let sit for about 2-3 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Place peppers in a large casserole dish or you can use a 9 x 13 pan. Fill each pepper with the beef mixture until they are all full. If there is any left you can use it around the bases of the peppers to support them.
- Then pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of each pepper.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil tent, and Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each pepper and bake for another 15 minutes.