acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons
1 1/4 cups
of fresh apples, peeled, cored, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons
brown sugar substitute
- Cut a small slice from the bottom of each cleaned Squash half (this allows the squash to sit level) and place, cavity side up, in an oven proof baking dish.
- Mix together the butter, cinnamon & nutmeg and sugar.
- Place 1 tbsp of the mixture in the cavity of each squash half.
- Distibute the cranberries between the 4 halves on top of the butter.
- Add the apples on top of the cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover the squash with foil and bake for apprx 1 hour, remove foil and check that they are tender
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently mix the cranberries & apples so you see both the apple & the cranberries - serve.