chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
grated dry monterey jack cheese
( or use parmesan)
chopped fresh basil
garlic clove, finely chopped
crushed red pepper flakes
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
baguette, halved horizontally
- In a medium bowl combine the cheeses, tomatoes, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil cut sides of baguette until browned. Spread tomato/cheese mixture on top of each half.
- Place on baking sheet and put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and cut into serving pieces.
- Serve immediately.