thin-sliced chicken breasts
fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
1 -2 cup
seasoned dry bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- In a small bowl, crack and beat the eggs. In another small bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg batter and then dip in the breadcrumbs, lightly coating both sides.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish or tray coated with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn chicken over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes total, take chicken out of oven.
- Place tomato slices over each piece of chicken, followed by fresh basil pieces and mozzarella slices.
- Add black pepper and salt as needed.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.