1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
fast rise yeast
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
egg whites, beaten slightly
melted butter, for brushing
- In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum, salt, and egg replacer (if used).Blend with mixer on low.
- In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, and add yeast.
- Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar.Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal-dusted cookie sheets in two long French-loaf shapes or spoon into special French-bread pans.
- Slash diagonally every few inches.If desired, brush with melted butter.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool.