1 medium eggplants or 1 large
chopped sweet onion
chopped green pepper
garlic cloves, minced
1 (15 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a square casserole dish; set aside.
- Cut peeled eggplant into small cubes; boil them in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- Add flour and stir briskly until absorbed.
- Slowly stir in the milk; cook over med-low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Stir well.
- Add the cooked, drained eggplant cubes and stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.