1 1/4 lbs
lean ground turkey
( the leaner, the better)
chopped white onion
sliced white mushrooms
( I used the presliced white mushrooms bought from the produce section)
( usually stroganoff is made with egg noodles. I have to use No Yolks. They come in 8oz packages)
creamy portabella mushroom soup
( Imagine is a brand of non-dairy cream of soup substitute)
( or other subsitutute, I recommend Tofutti brand Better Than Cream Cheese)
- Brown the ground turkey with the onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until meat is completely done. Drain and set aside in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, saute the sliced mushrooms in as little margarine as necessary.
- Cook the No Yolks per package directions in a large pot, except cook them until al dente.
- When the mushrooms are done, set them aside wrapped in a double layer of paper towels in a bowl to absorb any extra margarine.
- Drain the No Yolks and rinse with hot water as directed on the package.
- In the large pot used to boil the noodles in, add the browned ground turkey mixture, sauteed mushrooms, drained noodles, the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, and the soup. Mix well and heat on high to a gentle boil, stirring often. Serve immediately.