- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites to stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except whites and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whites until well blended.
- Heat your greased aebleskiver pan over medium heat.
- Its ready when drops of water sizzle.
- Fill each cup with about 1 T.
- of batter.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes on the other.
- Both sides should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Roll in powdered sugar and serve with jam if desired.