1 (15 ounce) cans
orange zest, grated
1 -2 tablespoon
brown sugar, packed
1 -2 teaspoon
crystallized ginger, chopped
- Drain the beets reserving 1/3 cup of liquid; set beets aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together the reserved liquid along with remaining ingredients, except beets.
- Stir to combine thoroughly and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken, stir in beets and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated thorough.
- These can be served either hot, room temperature or they are fantastic cold.