1 1/2 lbs
( yellow or white)
minced garlic cloves
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans
1 (28 ounce) cans
1 (6 ounce) cans
1 (4 ounce) cans
Splenda sugar substitute
( or sugar)
( Newcastle or ?)
( cheddar or Mexican mix)
- Cook ground beef in large frying pan.
- While cooking, stir and chop beef with spatula to crumble.
- Continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and tabasco.
- Cook while stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large pot. Add the Kidney beans (juice and all), canned tomatoes (juice and all), the tomato paste, jalapenos (yep, juice and all), splenda (or sugar), and beer.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top individual bowls of chili with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of cheese.