1 (1 ounce) packet
ranch dip mix
lean ground beef
minced red onion
ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
shredded smoked cheddar cheese
romaine lettuce leaves
- Place 1/4 of the dry ranch mix in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ranch mix, ground beef, onion and barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Form into 4 large flat patties and grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top each with about 3 tablespoons shredded cheese while still warm.
- Grill bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Add mashed avocado to remaining dry ranch mix and mix well.
- To assemble, top each bread slice with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and a burger patty.
- Add a heaping spoonful of seasoned avocado.