oranges, sliced into 1/4 inch slices lightly grilled
baby lettuce leaves
fresh mozzarella cheese
( 1/4-inch thick)
fresh basil leaves
fresh ground black pepper
orange zest, chopped
Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette (use 1/4 cup)
salt and pepper
( to taste)
- To make each portion:.
- Place 3 baby lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates.
- On each plate, place 1 mozzarella slice on lettuce, top with 1 orange slice and 1 basil leaf.
- Repeat process with a second mozzarella slice, second orange slice and second basil leaf.
- Finish with a third mozzarella slice, orange slice and basil leaf.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette, sprinkle with fresh black pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest.
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:.
- Combine orange juice and balsamic vinegar and whisk to blend.
- Continue whisking and slowly add olive oil into mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.