6 (6 ounce)
salmon fillets, center-cut
( about 1 inch thick, with skin)
1 1/2 teaspoons
lime zest, fresh finely grated
lime butter sauce (use 6 tablespoons )
garlic clove, chopped
( use one large clove)
fresh lime juice
unsalted butter, melted
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper, then grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack (covered only if using gas grill) 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and grill (covered only if using gas grill) until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Sprinkle fillets with zest and top each with 1 tablespoon lime butter sauce.
- ***Lime Butter Sauce:.
- Purée garlic with lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- With motor running, add melted butter and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
- Cooks' Note: If you aren't able to grill outdoors, salmon can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.
- Makes 6 servings.