frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
( honey wheat or white)
1 -2 tablespoon
margarine, to taste
( not butter)
1 -2 teaspoon
honey, to taste
- Thaw frozen dough, let rise, and bake dough all according to package directions- either for a loaf or rolls.
- When the bread has baked and while still warm, combine margarine and honey well and spread liberally all over the top of the warm bread.
- It should be glistening.
- You may serve right away, or you may prepare earlier in the day and set the warm, glistening bread inside a resealable plastic bag.
- It will stay very soft this way and can be reheated as desired later the same day.
- Serve warm with real butter or more honey margarine mixture, as desired.
- Note: Surprisingly, homemade doughs don't produce the same texture as the frozen doughs- so if you really want that restaurant taste, the purchased stuff is actually the way to go.