boneless skinless chicken breasts
Pico de gallo
( red or white)
1 1/2 cups
serrano pepper, diced very small
minced garlic clove
( you can always add more)
1 teaspoon champagne or 1 teaspoon
white wine vinegar
salt and pepper
3 -4 tablespoons
corn tortilla strips
Mexican blend cheese
- Marinate chicken in margarita mis for 12-24 hours.
- Mix all pico ingredients together and store in fridge till ready to use.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside till ready to use.
- Grill chicken on low heat turning 1/4 turns every two minutes till cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place in a baking pan and divide the sauce between the 4 breasts.
- Sprinkle with cheese (about 1/3 c each) and bake in a 350 oven just till till cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven, plate, and divide the pico between the 4 plates.
- Garnish with crispy tortilla strips.
- Serve with Mexican rice/corn/and beans.
- Prep time doesn't include marinade time.