- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and hot water in a 1 quart microwave safe measuring cup.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until boiling.
- Add milk, stir and microwave an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in vanilla and blend well.
- * This serves 4 but for 1 cup, place 2 heaping teaspoons sugar with 1 heaping teaspoons cocoa and a tiny dash of salt in microwave safe mug. Add 2 teaspoons cold milk and stir until smooth. Fill cup more milk and microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Stir to blend. There is no mention of vanilla here but it may be a typo. I would add a drop!