1 1/2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
( The soft, under ripe berry that is usually preserved in brine.)
- PREPARE THE SMOKER: Place the wood chips in a small pile in the center of the smoker base. Place the drip tray on top of the wood chips inside the smoker base. Use non-stick spray or foil for easier cleanup.
- Place the wire rack on top of the drip tray, then arrange the food to be hot-smoked on the wire rack. You can spray the wire rack for cleanup ease as well.
- Slide the lid closed and place the entire unit on the heat source (single burner). Medium-high settings yield the best results.
- SMOKIN’! Trim tenderloins of all fat. Rub with olive oil and thyme. Smoke on medium high for 25 minutes. Do not overcook! Let stand for 10 minutes and serve with sauce.
- Make sauce by combining egg yolk, lemon juice, Dijon and salt in blender or food processor . While mixing, add olive oil and the cream in a steady stream until smooth. Add peppercorns and pulse 1 or 2 times only. Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve sauce at room temperature with smoked pork.