1 1/2 teaspoons
1 (1/4 ounce) envelope
active dry yeast
5 -5 1/2 cups
- Dissolve butter, sugar, and salt in 1 cup hot milk. Cool to luke-warm. Combine with dissolved yeast.
- Add 5 cups of the flour. Cover and set aside this sponge overnight.
- In the morning, cut down. Shape into two round loaves.
- Grease 8" cake pans and place loaves into them, Let rise another hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Cool 5 minutes, then turn out on a rack, brush with melted butter and cover with a towel while cooling.