fresh ginger, quarter-sized, halved
- Preheat the over to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients but walnuts in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Put the walnuts in a large bowl, pour on the glaze, and toss to coat.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread the walnuts in a single layer. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring and scooping up the glaze to cover the walnuts at least every 10 minutes.
- When walnuts look almost dry, they're done. Slide the walnuts, still on the foil, onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- You may want to pull out the ginger pieces.