1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a bundt cake pan or a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda.
- Add sour cream, Coconut extract, and Rum extract to the sugar/butter/egg mixture and cream well.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix into a batter.
- Stir flaked coconut into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours or until toothpich inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- While cake is cooling, make the syrup by combining the water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in Almond extract.
- Before removing cake from pan, brush about 1/3 of the warm syrup onto the cake bottom.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate and brush on the remaining syrup.
- Allow the cake to completely cool, then serve.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container.